Tuesday 28 January 2014

Maybe it's Enough.

Maybe it's Enough


I’m getting tired of married men and being second best.
but why stop at number two, there’s three and all the rest.
I know I’m well down on the list, but that’s how it has to be:
I’m there whenever he needs it, but he’s rarely there for me.

Why can’t I ever fall in love with a man who’s all alone,
who doesn’t have to sneak around, one who I can phone;
who’d be there when I’m lonely or need to talk a while
instead of “sorry I have to go” with a sweet but hurried smile.

He loves me, yes of course he does, in ways that mean a lot,
but love that leaves me lonely is all the love I’ve got.
I think about it often, I’m far too nice, it’s said,
or should that be enabling, or not right in the head.

A women who loves in this way believes it’s all she’s worth,
and better some than none at all as long as she’s on the earth.
They say there’s someone for everyone, though finding them is tough,
but this one’s been the best so far. Maybe that’s enough. 

CS 12/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment